Exclusive Medical Advisors (EMA) is a nationally acclaimed specialty surgeon and physician advisory firm. With an understanding that graduating Residents and Fellows are actively building their clinical knowledge/skillset, we also understand there are a multitude of business decisions that need to be made to best ensure their success upon entering the workforce. The question is – are trainees truly prepared to navigate the complexity of the business world?
In 2020, we embarked on a journey to gather real stories from leaders in our surgical and non-surgical communities and deliver it back to our graduating physicians. What started out as a great interview with the world-renowned Orthopedic Sports Medicine surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, led us to the Emmy Nominated Chair of Neurosurgery at Lenox Hill, Dr. David Langer, and back across the country to one of the most successful business titans in Dermatology, Dr. Kathy Fields. Through our podcast, INTERVIEW WITH THE SURGEON, we have now interviewed over 100 Program Chairs, Directors, successful Private Practice Physicians, and Healthcare Executives – gaining national recognition amongst our Resident and Fellowship communities. Furthermore, we’ve presented to over 50 Resident/Fellowship programs nationwide on the following topics: Navigating the Job Market, Contracts 101, and Transitioning to Practice.
Due to the need for broader business knowledge for physicians, we’ve been nominated and selected as a feature speaker at numerous National society annual conferences.
- Create job search criteria
- Identify job opportunities
- Coordinate job interviews & logistics
- Advise on strategy & approach
- Negotiate employment contracts
- Assist in finding office space & negotiating leases
- Source & structure business loans
- Access to Medical Attorneys, Financial Advisors, Accountants, Trust & Estate Attorneys, Real Estate Agents
- Access to the EMA Network
Most Common Scenarios Clients Work with EMA:
- Chief Resident/Fellow looking for a job
- Currently in the job interview process
- Reviewing job opportunities and negotiating employment agreements
Insurance Advisor Services
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Estate Planning
Most Common Scenarios Clients Work with The Gilbert Group:
- Disability Insurance: set up or increase current disability coverage for income protection
- Life Insurance: utilized to protect you and your family
- Private Practice Business Insurance: Employment Practice Liability (EPLI), Malpractice,Business Overhead Expense (BOE), Business Liability, Partnership Buy/Sell, Key Person bbLife/Disability, Business Interruption
Interview With The Surgeon
Matthew Vuckovich, the #SurgeonAgent and Founder of Exclusive Medical Advisors, discusses the fundamental business knowledge for Residents and Fellows entering the professional job market. He explores the careers and experiences of the world’s most renowned specialty surgeons and physicians, providing insight into what it takes to be successful in the 21st century.
To watch Surgeon Interviews